Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm Back

I woke up this morning and felt terrible for a) waking up at 1:30 in the afternoon and b) the fact I don't blog at all and I should. I was paging through GQ and it had a blurb from Stephen King on how to avoid procrastination and remain committed to things you love doing. I, like Stephen King, love writing, but I'm also a 21 year old college student who would much rather spend time customizing a C300 on Mercedes-Benz's website or figuring out how I get invited to get a Centurion Card, as opposed to doing actual things that somewhat actually benefit my existence.

Since I last wrote my life has consisted of: spending three weeks in India, Christmas in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; New Years Eve in Phnom Penh, Cambodia; going to the awesome temple structure Angkor Watt in Siem Reap, also in Cambodia; visiting the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia; making new friends from the new group of exchange students; going to class; being sunburnt on the way to class; and continuing to enjoy my life in Malaysia.

I don't have any class next week because it is Chinese New Year, or the Lunar New Year for everybody else. I should be going to Bali or something but instead I'm just going to cruise around Malaysia. I'm reading Kerouac's On the Road right now and am tempted to go to the bus station, pick out a city name I like, and go there. However, I think I'll pass on that strategy as I wouldn't want to end up near the Thai border to Yala. I think I'll head south to KL then Malacca early next week.

Stephen King said his goal for every day is to write five pages. That's it, write five pages and be done. Well, clearly I'm not going to be writing five pages, but I will make it a goal to try and put something on here every day even if it's just a minor thought or a link.

Also, I'm renaming the blog because I realized from 12:00 AM - 1:59 AM my time, my AM is your AM, which defeats the purpose of everything.

Things I'm thinking about/interested in right now:

How our justice system should treat terrorists: read this and this
Trying to sell Chip my waterboiler that is in no way approved for consumer usage in the US

andd


and hell, this picture too.


Ian


No comments:

Post a Comment