Thursday, April 8, 2010

Obama and Medvedev Sign New START Treaty

My mother is visiting me in Malaysia, so I don't have as much time to write about this as I'd like to as I need/should/will make hanging out with her my top priority.

If you haven't heard, President Obama and President Medvedev have signed a new START treaty which will reduce respective nuclear arsenals* by one-third. Coupled with the release on Nuclear Posture Review on Monday, this has been a fantastic week for the nonproliferation regime and human beings in general.

That's all I've got for now. I'll be going to Langkawi on Saturday morning, then down to KL on Tuesday. I'm liking blogging again, so I'll write something once I get back to Penang from KL.

Ian

ps Twins are atop the AL Central Division after three games and will stay there indefinitely.


*long range nuclear weapons. more one that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment